Phone Numbers Sales and Support: (866) 784-4630
What Types of Information Does AGDATA Collect?
Aggregated Information means information about groups or categories of customers or users that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual customer or user.
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, through the Service’s technologies, and from third party sources. For events this can include collecting your data from registration forms, badge/business card scanners, and other event related apps.
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, ;physical address, postal address, affiliated businesses, email address, phone number, and fax number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information
- Information about your agriculture business and plans; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
The Service automatically collects information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, URL click stream data, including date and time stamp, and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and/or
We also may obtain personal information about you from third parties, including:
- Crop input manufacturers, distributors and retailers, animal health manufacturers, distributors and veterinary clinics and related businesses for which we provide services;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
How Does AGDATA Collect Information
We may obtain information about you in a number of ways: For example, through our website, contest entries, surveys, transaction records, history of services rendered, public sources, and other sources such as those that provide lists of potential customers. While you visit our web sites to learn about our services without disclosing any information about you, to use our services we will need to collect a minimum of information about you to provide us with billing information, gather data to determine future enhancements to our services, and any other data as may be required by applicable laws.
Contest entries you complete online or at an event or in response to a marketing mailing we send may also ask you to answer some of these same questions so we can tailor what we send to you to your specific interests.
How We Use Your Personal Information and Aggregated Information
We use the information we collect, including Personal Information, in a variety of ways. For example, we may use some or all of the information, including Personal Information, we collect to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Verify you have signed a trait license agreement prior to purchasing seed which requires execution of a trait license agreement;
- Fulfillment of rebate and incentive programs;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates or other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service, your interests and other products, events and services;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may collect and create non-user specific information, or anonymize information by removing any uniquely-identifiable information, on agricultural crops, crop protection chemicals, animal health products and other data in blind, collated, assembled or bundled reports which are referred to as “Aggregated Data”. Examples of Aggregated Data may include sales reports for a geographic region. We may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we deem appropriate.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We share information we collect, including Personal Information, with third parties who we provide Services to (e.g. crop input manufacturers, animal health product manufacturers and other entities in the supply chain), third parties that assist us in providing our Services and performing the activities described under the “How We Use Your Personal Information” heading above.
Whenever we share with third parties who perform services for us or on our behalf, we require them to agree to maintain appropriate safeguards designed to protect the security and the confidentiality of the Personal Information that we provide to them. We also limit their use of the Personal Information to performing the services requested, and limit the circumstances in which they may share the Personal Information with others.
We also may share your information, including Personal Information, with certain third parties (such as government agencies) as necessary to:
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Respond to a subpoena, court order or to establish our legal rights and defend against legal claims or other legal obligations;
- Protect against or prevent fraud/identity theft or other illegal activities;
- Manage risk; and
- Otherwise operate our business as permitted by law.
We may share Aggregated Information and Anonymous Information with third parties for various purposes such as to enable third parties to perform data analysis and research for the purpose of developing, maintaining and improving our services; to assess the effectiveness of offers we provide on behalf of our business partners and other third parties; and to market and advertise third party products and services.
We may also use and share your Personal Information, Aggregated Information and Anonymous Information with third parties in connection with a reorganization, sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or operating unit.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We take precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We update and enhance our safeguards to the extent we determine it is warranted and feasible. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using our services, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information to provide our services and to develop, enhance, maintain and augment our services. We will retain Personal Information for as long as we have a business need. When we dispose of Personal Information, we use reasonable procedures to erase or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media). We may retain Aggregated Information and Anonymous Information for as long as we have a business need.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where AGDATA and our service providers maintain servers and facilities, including the United States and Canada. We take steps, including through our contracts, to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
You have the right under certain privacy and data protection laws to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information,
- that we cease or limit our processing of your personal information,
- a copy of your personal information (right to data portability), and to
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
How To Contact Us
Last Updated February 2019