Phone Numbers Sales and Support: (866) 784-4630
- this website, the website operated at agdata.com and other such locations from time to time (the “Website”),
- any application (other than third party software which interacts with the Website or Service) including but not limited to online services and interactive applications) (“Applications”); and
- the services we provide, including marketing, data collection and analytics, management of trait license agreements, rebate calculations and payments, and other related services which we may provide in the future (“Service”).
References to “we”, “us” and “our” refer to AGDATA, LP. and our subsidiaries and affiliates.
What Types of Information Does AGDATA Collect?
AGDATA collects both Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
“Non-Personal Information” means anonymized information that does and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user. Non-Personal Information is collected automatically when you visit our website and/or use our applications and includes:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data; and/or
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, URL click stream data, including date and time stamp, and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service.
“Personal Information” means information which can be used to identify an individual customer or user. The type of Personal Information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service. Personal Information collected by us includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, home address, postal address, affiliated businesses, email address, phone number, and fax number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information; and
- Information about your agriculture business and plans, interests, communication preferences, including preferred language.
While you can visit our Website to learn about our Services without disclosing any Personal Information, we will need to collect a minimum amount of Personal Information in order to deliver our services to you.
- How AGDATA Collects Non-Personal Information and Personal Information
- Personal Information Disclosed by You
- Third Parties
The types of information we collect about you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us or the Service.
How Non-Personal Information is Collected
How Personal Information is Collected
Generally, we collect Personal Information directly from you and through other Third Parties and public sources as described below.
Personal Information is obtained directly from you when you provide it to us on our Website, through our Applications or by any other means, including your transactions with AGDATA, contest entries, surveys, email, telephone, facsimile and mail. Personal Information is also collected from any registration forms completed by you at or in connection with any of our events. At events, Personal Information may also be collected by badge/business card scanners and/or through any event related applications.
We also may obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, including:
- Crop input manufacturers, distributors and retailers, animal health manufacturers, distributors and veterinary clinics and related businesses for which we provide services and to whom you have provided your Personal Information; and
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities (collectively, “Third Party or Third Parties”)
Personal Information may also be obtained through publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Non-Personal Information Combined with Personal Information is Treated as Personal Information
We use the information we collect, including Personal Information, in a variety of ways. For example, we may use some or all of the information, including Personal Information, we collect to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Verify you have signed a trait license agreement prior to purchasing seed which requires execution of a trait license agreement;
- Fulfillment of rebate and incentive programs;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates or other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service, your interests and other products, events and services;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may collect and create non-user specific information, or anonymize Personal Information by removing any uniquely-identifiable information, on agricultural crops, crop protection chemicals, animal health products and other data in blind, collated, assembled or bundled reports (“Aggregated Information”). Examples of Aggregated Information may include sales reports for a geographic region. We may use Aggregated Information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we deem appropriate.
If you submit a job application or resume or send a request via our website, we use Personal Information to communicate with you and, subject to applicable law, to make current hiring decisions, to make future hiring decisions (applicant information is retained for purposes of future job openings unless an applicant indicates otherwise) and to comply with legal obligations, including regarding hiring and workforce diversity.
We share information we collect, including Personal Information, with Third Parties to whom we provide Services including, but not limited to crop input manufacturers, animal health product manufacturers and other entities in the supply chain. We also share Personal Information with Third Parties that assist us in providing our Services and performing the activities described under the “How We Use Your Personal and Non-Personal Information” heading above.
Whenever we share Personal Information with Third Parties who perform services for us or on our behalf, we require them, through contractual means, to maintain appropriate safeguards designed to protect the security and the confidentiality of the Personal Information that we provide to them. Third Parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information are only permitted to access and collect information which is needed to deliver their services to us and are not authorized to use or distribute the information for any other purpose.
We may also share your information, including Personal Information, with other third parties (such as government agencies) as necessary to:
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Respond to a subpoena, court order or to establish our legal rights and defend against legal claims or other legal obligations;
- Protect against or prevent fraud/identity theft or other illegal activities;
- Manage risk; and
- Otherwise operate our business as permitted by law.
We may share Aggregated Information and Non-Personal Information with Third Parties for various purposes such as to enable third parties to perform data analysis and research for the purpose of developing, maintaining and improving our services; to assess the effectiveness of offers we provide on behalf of our business partners and other third parties; and to market and advertise Third Party products and services.
We may also use and share your Personal Information, Aggregated Information and anonymous information with third parties in connection with a reorganization, sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or operating unit.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We take precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We update and enhance our safeguards to the extent we determine it is warranted and feasible. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using our services, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information to provide our services and to develop, enhance, maintain and augment our services. We will retain Personal Information for as long as we have a business need. When we dispose of Personal Information, we use reasonable procedures to erase or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media). We may retain Aggregated Information and Non-Personal Information for as long as we have a business need.
Data may be Stored and Processed in Multiple Jurisdictions
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where AGDATA and our service providers maintain servers and facilities, including the United States and Canada. Through contractual provisions we take steps to protect your Personal Information wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
You have the right under certain privacy and data protection laws to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information,
- that we cease or limit our processing of your personal information,
- a copy of your personal information (right to data portability), and to
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
How to Contact Us
Last Updated June 17, 2019